It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Catch a Breath

It's been a little hectic the last few days!

Asher had the Bar Tuesday & Wednesday, so he went to his Mom's Monday night and didn't come home again until Wednesday night. Too exhausted to do much else, we went and got some dinner, then he crashed. Since then, it's been a struggle for me to try and get through the day at work, then go home and try to move stuff... And our schedules don't seem to be matching up too well right now, so when I was home and ready to work last night, he was sound asleep! I did manage to enlist his help, however, in transporting the animals to the new place and setting them up for their first overnight stay in their new home. Other than that, though, I wasn't able to get any help with what I was doing last night, and I hate that I wasn't there to help him during the day.

Mom & Dad are going to get into town around 8pm tonight, and we're going to start work first thing in the morning. They've asked that we have the rooms that need to be painted cleared of all furniture so they've got room to paint and don't have to take up time clearing out, since they're going to need plenty of time to allow for drying between coats, and they've got to head back home on Sunday. We are NOWHERE near ready for that... But Asher said his dad would be available to help him out all day today, so hopefully they'll get us a lot closer to that, and I can try to finish it up when I get home from work tonight. Asher's friends have some dinner event planned for tonight, but if we're not in a good position to start work in the morning, I'm going to have to skip out on dinner and do what I can to move us in the right direction tonight. :o(

I feel like my stomach is huge today compared to yesterday. For a few days, I've felt like I couldn't get a full, deep, abdominal breath because there's something stopping me short of filling my lungs... Now I feel like I can hardly breathe if I'm sitting upright, almost like my hips and legs are in the way of my expanding middle. I know I still don't look pregnant, but my new shirts are starting to rest against my stomach instead of hanging loose in front of it, and I wonder how long it'll be before the world starts to notice what's happening.

I keep flip-flopping between whether I think I'm carrying a boy or a girl. I have days where I'm firmly convinced it's a girl and find myself thinking 'she' a lot in reference to the baby, and equally as many days where every time I picture the baby, it's a little boy dressed in blue and wearing a baby's baseball mitt. Sometimes, I'll find myself switching pronouns mid-sentence as my image shifts from one gender to the next. I know the ultrasound in 2 weeks will be too early to tell gender, but I am nevertheless hopeful that maybe we'll luck out and manage to get a perfect shot of something that looks clearly like one or the other because I'm just too excited to wait much longer to find out! The thought of waiting 2 full months more to know is just brutal!! :o)

I find myself waddling a teensy bit these days. I can feel where my hips are starting to loosen up and shift, and my back's a strange mess some days of things that feel like they're not entirely in the right place. I'm already starting to instinctively reach out to brace myself as I stand up, in case I need the extra push--of course, I don't just yet, but I think it's just this sense of being slightly off-balance all the time that makes me feel a little more wobbly than usual.

Standing up or changing positions too quickly, I'm feeling the sharp twinge of ligaments stretching. That's been going on for about 2-3 weeks now, but with much more regularity in the past week. I'm also experiencing a sense of being larger than I am. It's odd, but I'm very keenly aware of my middle being larger than I am accustomed, so I've started allowing more room than is really needed to fit through a crowded room or even a doorway. Then there's this protective thing that's started happening, where I don't hug anyone straight-on but rather to the side, like their hug is going to somehow squish the baby! I know most of it is in my head, but it's funny to see these changes taking place so gradually that I don't even notice until after I've been doing it a while! When I'm nervous or uncomfortable, too, my hands go straight to my belly, and I feel like I'm trying to comfort the baby, shield it from my nerves or something. In a crowded store where I can't find what I need, the more my jaw tightens and my heart rate speeds up, the more I try to "soothe" the baby. It's very fun and odd at the same time! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home