It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Caffeine, Please?

I slept last night. A LOT, and well! (Aside from a time or two when Asher woke me up with his hysterical LOUD laughing at Family Guy clips on YouTube, which he bugged me and tried to make me watch when he realized I was awake, but there was no way that was going to happen!)

I set my alarm and turned off the light about 9:30 last night. Then, I overslept this morning, so I didn't wake up until 7:30 (ten minutes after I needed to be on the road... oops!). That's a solid 10 hours there... So why do I feel like I'm going to pass out face-first in my keyboard??

I feel like there's almost nothing I wouldn't do for a fully-caffeinated venti peppermint mocha with an extra shot of espresso that would miraculously be totally harmless for Baby. Some days, no matter how much you've slept or how little energy you've exerted, being pregnant is just too exhausting to have to do without the caffeine. :o(

The good news: I feel good today. I don't feel dizzy and mildly nauseous. Despite being moments away from falling asleep, I feel healthy and a sort of energy deep within. I know I'm so tired because, despite all my best efforts, my body's working in overdrive right now. But my face, while broken out, really IS starting to take on that "glow" they say pregnant women have. My body's starting to look less like a tubby woman's and more like a pregnant woman's. I'm feeling warm and optimistic and really happy.

Plus, I look totally pregnant-cute in the new clothes Mom sent me. ;o)

We're halfway through the 11th week. Tuesday marks the beginning of the LAST week of the first trimester. I'm almost there!! And it's awfully fun to think about how cute my belly's going to be in just a few short weeks... *GRIN* I'm totally into this pregnancy thing. I feel a bit like I could conquer the world right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home