It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Blossoming

I read in one of my books or one of my email newsletters or on one of my websites that now is the time the mother's body begins "blossoming" into the body of a pregnant woman. Blossoming. Sounds so gentle and graceful and lovely... A far cry from the stretching and cramping and twitching of the expanding uterus, not to mention the gas and constipation and urination every 5 minutes and nausea and the stuffy nose and fatigue... I don't feel like some delicate flower beginning to open. I feel like a fat, bloated, smelly cow with the flu.

My stomach is already rounded quite a bit. When I look down, I see it extending beyond even my colossal boobs. When I see a reflection of my profile, it's remarkably obvious to me that I'm pregnant. Obviously, though, I *know*. I still worry that others will think I'm just fat, but the obvious curves of pregnancy are really starting to emerge.

I'm rather shocked that I'm beginning to show so soon. I don't think it's excessive weight gain too soon: I haven't really gained much weight (maybe a few pounds), it's just my breasts and stomach that are filling out while the rest of me stays put. I'm eating and drinking much better than ever, so extra weight gain seems unlikely at this point. I keep torturing myself with the thought of twins (what an adventure that would be!), but I'm confident it's nothing nearly so exciting. Maybe I just had a small uterus to begin with, so it has to stretch more to keep up with Baby. ;o)

I'm exhausted. I worked 11.5 hours today, we went to IHOP for dinner, and then a quick stop by Target to pick up a few essentials (toothpaste, paper towels, etc.). Now, Asher's gone off to play games with his friends, which is why I'm still awake. I don't sleep well when he's not here. :o( Anyway, I'm giving up now and passing out. Sleep sounds DIVINE these days. :o) Pregnancy fatigue: NOT a myth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home