It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Dear Baby (Part 1)

Dear Baby,

I just wanted to let you know how much I already love you, and how much you have changed my life. Your very existence makes me want to be a better person. Honestly. I want to eat better, to take better care of myself so that my body can continue to take good care of you, to be more responsible so I'll be prepared to teach you, to be more grounded and peaceful and calm so you will enter this life knowing that rather than chaos and stress and unhappiness...

I want you to have everything. The very BEST of everything. Fortunately for us, you have the greatest Daddy anyone could hope for. Brilliant, loving, and wise, I know he will take incredible care of you and will love you as no one has ever been loved before. Soon, Little One, you will be his entire world, and while I wasn't exactly prepared to share him with someone else so soon, I'm happy to share him with you.

You're going to enter into a very blessed life, Baby. You will be forever showered in love and devotion, and no one will ever harm you while your Mommy's here looking out for you.

I'm looking forward to going to the doctor in two days. I'm hoping to catch my first glimpse of your precious figure, or perhaps to hear your tiny heart beating strong so all my paranoid fears can be calmed and I can concentrate on keeping your home for the next 8 months full of peaceful, calm, soothing energy.

I love you, Baby. I can't wait to meet you.

Love,

Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home