It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Confusion Abounds!

So I've been running around in circles for the last week trying to get an appointment scheduled with my soon-to-be-new OB/GYN... And I finally (theoretically) have it figured out now! *WHEW!*

All the confusion was, of course, due to insurance nonsense. I can't go anywhere but Goddard without a referral, so I went to Goddard to get the pregnancy confirmed, then asked for a referral for an OB/GYN I've heard great things about here in Norman. They told me it was taken care of, that they'd send it over to the new doctor's office and that office should be contacting me to schedule the appointment. They said at Goddard that if I didn't hear back from anyone in a few days, I should call and check on things. That was Monday of last week.

Friday, I called and left messages and never got a call back. I was irked.

Today, I called and left messages, didn't get a call for a few hours, so I tried again. The new doctor's office said they hadn't received the referral, and they needed that for me to be able to come in and fill out paperwork and schedule the appointment. I called Goddard, who (after several transfers and I'll-call-you-right-backs) said I didn't need the referral until after I went in and filled out paperwork. I said, "No, that's not what they told me..." And eventually we figured it out, and the only way it's going to work is for me to wake up early on my one sleep-in-day of the week :o( and go by Goddard tomorrow morning to pick up the referral, then go fill out paperwork and schedule something, then get lunch and somehow get to work by noon because my boss is a jerk and won't leave his wife's side for a moment (much less a few hours) to come in and cover since I'm not scheduled until 4 and the other receptionist has to take her baby to the doctor tomorrow at noon. Tomorrow's going to suck. It's going to be absolutely exhausting, which is bad because the rest I get Wednesday morning is the only thing that gets me through until Sunday. :o(

At least I can finally take the next step and schedule an appointment for Baby!! :oD And, with any luck, I'll be able to schedule a time some time next week when Asher can come with me. :o) I'm very excited to get a more personalized and medically-sound estimate for how far along Baby is, when my due date is, and what I need to be doing to take the best possible care of Baby now and for the next 8 months of growth and development!

I'm looking forward to meeting the new doctor. One of my coworkers recommended her based on her friend's experiences with her pregnancy and a doctor friend's high recommendation of her, and I found out by accident the other day that a close friend of mine recently switched to this doctor as her new gynecologist, and my friend thinks she's wonderful. I have a good feeling about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home