It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Worried

I hope I'm just being paranoid. I really, REALLY hope I'm just being paranoid.

This morning, I noticed some very light spotting. It seemed to have stopped by early afternoon, but I just noticed more, along with two small clots. I'm terrified I'm having a miscarriage, and feeling hopeless because I know too well that if I am, there's nothing that can be done to stop it. So I'm just trying to convince myself that I shouldn't worry...

The pregnancy pains are getting worse. My legs ache and feel tight and sore all the time. I wonder if it's because my job forces me to sit with them extended straight down all day and I can't really prop them up to improve blood flow and prevent pooling. It gets significantly worse every day. I intend to mention it next Thursday at my first OB appointment. Mom had trouble with clots when she was pregnant with me, so any blood-related problems frighten me a bit.

At work today, I was sitting in the staff meeting when I suddenly got dizzy. Really REALLY dizzy! I tried just closing my eyes and cradling my head by my knees for a moment, but it just kept getting worse... Soon other people were noticing the change of color in my face, and I soon found myself sitting on the floor with a cool wet cloth to my face and my legs propped up on a few cases of canned cat food. The room was spinning and I was miserable for a full hour, and when the meeting ended and I *slowly* tried to stand, I thought surely I was going to faint. It took over a half hour of me standing and working before I began to feel stable again.

All this being said, if Baby is healthy and safe, none of this is a problem for me. I'll gladly put up with it and worse every day for the next 8 months if it means I'll have a healthy, happy, safe, beautiful Baby to hold and love and raise... But I'm worried something may be wrong, and I hate knowing there's nothing I can do to protect Baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home