It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Time to Go Shopping

Since most of my pants are uncomfortably tight now and the pressure on my waist makes me nauseous, I had decided to wear some of my more loose-fitting dresses and try to put off shopping for roomier clothes as long as I could. Last night, I decided to wear my very flowy blue dress today, which fits snugly around the ribs but has an ENORMOUS skirt that allows for lots and lots of room below the rib cage. Well, surprisingly, when I went to put it on this morning, I couldn't get it zipped up! I had to ask Asher for help, and while he struggled with it, he made the VERY foolish comment, "Why don't you wear something that's your size?"

I could have killed him.

It IS my size, I pointed out. My pre-pregnancy size. And I've been putting off buying new clothes to save him money as long as I could, but would he like me to go out and buy a bunch of stuff now, since this squeezing into non-maternity stuff clearly offends him? Grr... It's his durn fault it doesn't fit, anyway. :o(

As I'm sitting here, working at my desk, though, I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to breathe in this dress. While my abdomen feels free and great, my expanding ribs are pressing against the dress, and I'm feeling slightly claustrophobic. If this dress is already too tight for me to wear again, I have absolutely ZERO faith that any of my others will work any longer. Meaning it's time to find some very large, very long shirts and switch to the maternity pants I already own. I've had several people recommend Old Navy's maternity clothes, so I think I'll make a trip there and one to Target. Hopefully, I can find something large enough to last me a while without looking ridiculous for now...

Very long, empire-waist shirts that are a size or so too large. Maternity pants. I think that's probably all I'm going to be able to squeeze my growing waistline into until I'm obviously pregnant enough to wear maternity styles. Who ever would have thought it would happen so soon?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home