It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Unexpected Bonuses of Bad Fashion Design

I never thought I'd be grateful for clothing styles that make people look fat.

Or that make people look pregnant.

Today, however, one such shirt is saving me from certain doom. :o) We're having dinner at Asher's grandmother's house tonight because his cousins are in from Houston. Asher's not ready to tell his family the news just yet, and I'm not exactly wanting for the extra attention from his side right now, so I'm perfectly content to keep it a secret.

The problem is, my belly doesn't seem quite as willing to cooperate. It has its big days and its smaller days, depending on how my organs feel like distending and shifting on any given day, and today is DEFINITELY one of the big ones. The baby is starting to get big enough to make a noticeable bump, plus there's the extra layer of "padding" the body puts on to store up nutrients for the baby, and the fact that everything inside me is full of air and fluids and extra blood and food that's digesting at a snail's pace...

Anyway, I have a green shirt that I've always liked because it's comfortable and a pretty color, but I always hated that it made me look slightly pregnant. It's a popular style these days, though, and it has the unfortunate side-effect of making even the teensiest girls look like they're in a family way, so I cleverly chose to wear it this morning. My swollen belly is perfectly masked under the ballooning of the shirt, and unless I put a hand on my stomach to illustrate where the shirt ends and my body begins, you'd never be able to tell it was anything but the lay of the fabric.

Now, my only concerns are the "pregnant glow" I'm already getting comments about and my unpredictable stomach. I think as long as I don't get sick during dinner, we'll be able to make it through tonight without anyone guessing our happy little secret. :o)


My shirt as it normally hangs


Holding it against my swollen belly


Close-up on Baby's Bump!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home