It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Vomiting is One Thing...

...But I feel like I've got the flu now! :o(

First, I got REALLY dizzy waiting for the elevator to go down to my car for lunch. We're talking so dizzy the room literally started spinning, I nearly fell over, and I had to leave the elevator lobby and sit on the nearest bench for a few minutes. I still felt wobbly when I finally got on the elevator.

So I go to lunch, feeling fine, appetite piqued. I eat a reasonable amount of primarily bland foods. Apparently, bland didn't help. I get back out to my car in the parking lot, start the ignition, and immediately start vomiting. I was *barely* able to grab an old McDonald's bag from my floorboard in time to get sick into that. Unfortunately, it was not built for such incredible volumes of vomit, and when I finally finished and tried to put it into a large plastic sack so it wouldn't rip... You guessed it, the bag ripped, spilling the contents all over my leg and the side of my seat. I used every napkin I had hoarded up in my car just trying to get the bulk of it removed from the seat and the gap between the seat and the center console, but while I was standing outside the car cleaning it up, it starts POURING rain. Lovely. So I get everything into the plastic bag, swish some Sprite around in my mouth and spit it out, dig a peppermint out of my purse, and drive to Wal Mart, where I was supposed to pick up some snacks for our Agency Meeting this afternoon.

Of course, the first thing I did when I got there was go to the bathroom and wash my hands & face and brush my teeth. While I was in the store, I found a pair of $10 lounge capris and changed out of my jeans.

Now, I'm sitting back at work, looking utterly ridiculous in the baggy lounge pants that only almost match my shirt, feeling like it's 200 degrees in the office, my stomach still lurching, still dizzy, exhausted... I could seriously cry. And I probably will, my entire way home. In the flooding streets and torrential downpour that just won't quit.

I just want to go home. :o(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home