It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Yesterday morning, upon waking from a bad dream, I got so upset that Asher wouldn't hold me that I started crying my eyes out. Yesterday evening, he was being playful and teasing me at IHOP, and I started crying my eyes out. Right now, sitting at my desk at work without anyone bugging me, I feel a little bit like crying my eyes out. Silly hormones, haha. :o)

I'm VERY restless today. I keep getting up and walking laps around the office for no reason whatsoever. I'm looking for excuses to get up and walk across the building, just so I can get up and MOVE. A full half of our office is out today, so it's quiet and slow around here, and I guess the shift I've made away from soft drinks and toward water, juice, and chocolate milk each day has given me some sort of energy surge. Granted, I'll still be asleep by 8pm tonight... But while I'm awake, I've got too much energy to sit still!! :o)

I have my pointless waste-of-time-and-money dr's appointment this afternoon at Goddard. I have to go take a completely unnecessary pregnancy test to confirm the pregnancy I've already confirmed for my stupid insurance company. Apparently, until I have *GODDARD* confirm it, I can't get a referral to schedule my OB appointments, so I'm going to be another two weeks or so before I can get in for my first OB appt, even though they wanted me in the beginning of this week. Guess that's what happens when people ignore your phone calls and messages for 2 weeks and don't let you know what you need to do to make things happen. Grr. I am SO glad that I won't have to worry about this stuff in a month.

I almost wish I could just hold out a month before my first OB appointment, just so I wouldn't have to waste the time and money now and could just go under the new insurance (thank goodness my OB is on my new plan!)... But I need to get the background appt with the nurse done now so I can see the dr next time... And that appointment's going to be due right about the time the new insurance kicks in. So, for now, I'll play along and pretend it doesn't bug me, and I can forget all about it soon enough.

The morning sickness is MUCH more manageable now. As long as I eat breakfast and drink some juice in the morning on my way to work, fix myself a tall glass of water as soon as I walk in the door, keep my water full all day, and snack BEFORE I start to feel hungry, I'm fine. Then, at lunch, if I make sure to eat only the things that sound GOOD to me, it's easy to make it through to dinner. Dinner is the easiest, because my stomach's fairly settled by the end of the day. Basically, as long as I eat something I consider a "safe" food (i.e. not chicken!!), I'm golden.

The new irksome symptom I've developed is dry skin. After I shower, my whole body seems to be dry, itchy, and flaking. I went yesterday and bought some lotion for my body and face, and I also picked up some cocoa butter/stretch mark cream to help reduce the inevitable stretch marks. I felt a million times better after lotioning up yesterday. Unfortunately, I forgot to put some on this morning, so I'm a bit uncomfortable at the moment. There's some hand cream in my desk, left over from a previous tenant, but I'd have to go to the bathroom and strip to be able to access the areas most in need, so I think I'll refrain for now.

My dr's appt. is at 3pm in Norman, so I had planned on leaving at 2:30, hopefully getting back about 4. If it runs a mere five minutes late, though, I may have to consider just staying in Norman. Driving the half hour back just to sit for an hour and then fight traffic for another hour back to Norman is a painful thought, but if I'm not even going to get a full hour in back at work, I don't see how using the extra 1/5 tank of gas is worth it. We'll see how that goes. If I end up staying in Norman, at least it'll mean lotion sooner, some extra rest time, and less of a headache at the end of the day. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home