It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

MEAN Mommy-to-Be!

Asher's been teasing me for about a week now about my hormones, laughing at me when I'm feeling affectionate, irritable, or when I'm just sitting there. I figured he was just searching for ways to tease me, because I wasn't noticing ANY changes in my moods from the pregnancy.

Wow. Today, it couldn't be more obvious.

I love my job, but from today until the end of next week, I'm covering a large portion of our Traffic Manager's duties while she's on vacation. She gave me a quick run-down on how it all worked on Tuesday, and yesterday she stopped by my desk every time there was a new batch of jobs to traffic and walked me through each one. For the most part, I think I've got it, but it's VERY confusing because there are entirely too many exceptions to every general rule! Anyway, I'm supposed to go by her office and run whatever's there 4 times a day. I just made my first pass, and it seemed like every time I started to do anything, the stupid phone rang! Then I'd lose my train of thought, stop by someone's office to ask for help figuring out where something confusing went, and the phone would ring halfway through their explanation. Then, apparently EVERYONE in the office went into a meeting, so someone called asking questions I couldn't answer, and I couldn't find anyone to let me know who to forward the call to!! So the call dropped because he was on hold too long, he immediately called back, I STILL hadn't found someone, so I just picked someone and forwarded him to their voicemail.

It was all this big chaotic mess, though, with me juggling the cordless phone, 5 stacks of papers, a note pad and pen, the phone ringing off the hook... When the phone rang again the very moment I sat back down at my desk, I nearly started crying.

It's the stress and confusion of trying to do someone's job without ample training (a job which, btw, is crucial to the company and could cause VERY big problems if not done correctly, contributing to my stressload quite a bit) combined with stressing over insurance issues (long story, but the insurance company is denying claims on my ER trip from the March miscarriage, as well as the testing that confirmed this pregnancy, and they're going to make me go to Goddard to take a completely unnecessary pregnancy test to confirm a pregnancy that an ULTRASOUND has already confirmed, which will mean an extra half day I'll have to take off work for absolutely no reason)... Plus the fact that I've felt positively ill EVERY DAY FOR A MONTH, I can't seem to get enough sleep no matter what I do...

...Oh, and those lovely hormones!

So, basically, I'm a complete and total wreck. Have I been acting like this for the past few weeks and just completely oblivious to it? Has poor Asher been putting up with this for long? Goodness, I hope not!!

I just want to be in the 2nd trimester, with the hormones level and the mood swings and morning sickness gone so I can just sit and think about my baby and smile.

I just want to go to BED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home