It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Heart Beat!!

The ultrasound today dated the baby at 6w3d. We saw a very clear yolk sac, fetal pole, little arm and leg buds beginning to poke out, and a strong fluttering where my baby's little heart was just chugging away!! Had a heart rate of 125bpm, which is completely normal and healthy for this stage of the game and a VERY good sign. Some studies show 70-90% of pregnancies will produce a healthy living baby after a strong heartbeat is seen and heard on ultrasound, and others show more than 95% will come to term! So things are looking good. Still a bit concerned about the slow-rising hcg levels, and still have a full 6 weeks more before I can start breathing easily, but after seeing and hearing my little one's heart beating, I'm feeling a lot more confident.

And I finally believe that I'm pregnant. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home