It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Friday, June 15, 2007

3 Hours, 20 minutes, and counting...

Our office closes at 12:00pm today for the company party. The company party I'll miss because I'll be at the HealthPlex, finding out if I'm going to have a baby or not.

At least this time the ultrasound is abdominal. And while I won't have any *answers* until Monday, I'm hoping to at least find out a)if there's a baby in my uterus (as opposed to an ectopic pregnancy), b) if that baby is an actual baby or a molar pregnancy or residual tissue or something from March, c) if the baby has a heartbeat.

If it's ectopic, that's potentially life-threatening, so I don't imagine they'd stay silent until Monday and risk it rupturing and, you know, killing me. I'm hoping that, if there's no baby or a dead baby, I'll be able to see well enough myself to know it.

I saw the baby on the ultrasound in March, lying there, motionless, no signs of life. It gave me a sense of closure, much like viewing a corpse in an open coffin at a funeral service. If there is another baby and it's not going to make it, I'd like to have that same sense of closure and resolution.

And if there's a healthy, growing baby in my uterus, I'll of course be pleasantly surprised. However, with the odds the way they are, I'm afraid to allow any inkling of hope in before the doctor tells me one way or the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home