It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Beginning to "Bump"

I know, I know... It's way too early for me to be looking pregnant. But that familiar little bump is beginning to peek out. About half the pants I own are now too tight, and every long button-up (which I wear loose over tank tops to work on a regular basis) is starting to get snug down at my abdomen. Baby's getting ready to make his/her presence known, it seems!

The morning sickness won't let up. Yesterday, I stayed home from work, due in part to nausea and in part to an accounting test and some homework assignments I was stressing over finishing in time. I thought perhaps I had gotten past the worst of the morning sickness when I didn't throw up once all day long!! But, alas, it seems that was merely a result of having spent the day resting in bed and eating small meals frequently throughout the day with no real physical exertion. This morning, I woke up feeling okay, but by the time I hit the elevator at work, I had to sit down and put my head between my knees just to survive the ride up. And, right on schedule, I had to run to the bathroom to get sick.

Today, I was caught by Kathy, who noticed my eyes tearing up and thought I was in there crying. Alarmed, she kept asking what was wrong and if I was okay, so I finally confessed that I'd been throwing up and it makes my eyes tear up, no big deal. Which led her immediately to the realization that I'm pregnant. She got all excited and hugged me, and switched to a whisper when I told her I wasn't quite ready to break the news to everyone in the office yet. So two people know, and at least one or two other seem suspicious. There just happens to be a stomach virus drifting around the workplace, though, so I've got a good cover story if anyone else catches me vomiting. If Kathy hadn't thought I was crying, I'd have had no trouble telling her I was just feeling ill! :o)

I'm wearing my maternity pants today. Not because I need them, but because my other black pants are all uncomfortably tight, and since I had these from back in March, I figured I might as well. The giant elastic band in the waist is REALLY comfortable, and I'm wearing a long shirt to disguise it... Only problem is this shirt is clinging fairly tightly to my swelling belly, so I look fat today. Ah well, eventually the pudgy look will give way to obvious pregnancy roundness, and I won't have to feel so insecure about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home