It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Hormone Crazies

This morning, I woke Asher up with my sobbing. I was CRYING for minutes on end because, get this: I wanted a turkey sandwich! As ridiculous as it sounds, I'm even starting to get emotional NOW, remembering! I just, I really really really really REALLY want a turkey sandwich... And I can't eat deli meat. This is horrible and cruel and unbearable! Why on earth would I crave something so desperately that I cannot eat?!? *whimper*

Asher's still sleeping, so I tried to find someone to get lunch with me, but to no avail. Now, of course, I'm so dizzy from hunger that I'm afraid to even attempt driving to one of the fast food joints I'm trying so hard to avoid. *SIGH* This pregnancy thing is hard. And as good as Asher is to me, I can't help but feel that it's unfair that I'm going through so much and he doesn't get any of it. He can see the irrational and overly-emotional responses to things, and he can write them off as evidence of hormonal changes. He can hear my complaints about my sore breasts or nausea or food aversions, but to him, they're nothing more than little annoyances. He will never understand how a turkey sandwich could bring me to tears that way, or how I can get to the point where I am too hungry (and, therefore, too dizzy) to get something to eat. I can't make him understand why I'm tired by 7, exhausted by 9, and out cold by 10, only to turn around and wake up at 7 and be upset that he sleeps in until 2! I hate that he doesn't understand it, and I hate that, as much as I remind myself that it's not his fault he doesn't get it, I still find myself unreasonably irritated with him for things beyond his control.

The hormones have taken over, and I'm absolutely positively insane as a result. Heaven help us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home