It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Clothes!

Well, I just returned home from my first specifically Baby-related shopping trip (not counting the trip for prenatal vitamins, that is). As I mentioned this morning, Baby's starting to push out on Mommy's abdominal region... So Mommy had to go buy new pants!

At first, I felt silly walking around in the maternity section at Target. I felt like I didn't *look* pregnant yet, so people were going to think I was an idiot for shopping over there so soon! But I grabbed some pants and some shirts and made my way to the fitting room, and the MOMENT I slipped on that first pair of pants, I was SO relieved!! They felt SO comfortable--a very pleasant change from the pants I've been wearing these past two weeks, which grow increasingly tighter every few days and have been digging into my waist at work. When I tried on the maternity shirts, however, it was clear I was just a little bit early for that part of the game. They looked huge and awkward on me, and from a profile view made me look more pregnant than I actually look, but from the front they were just terrible. So I made a mental note of the ones I liked, and I'm sure I'll be back in the next two months or so to pick those up. In the mean time, I got some nice LONG stretchy button-down shirts I can wear to work that will hide the maternity waistbands on my new pants, and I predict I'll be able to make those 3 shirts last for 2-3 months (I bought them one size big to lengthen their wearability), and I should be able to wear them again after Baby's born.

I'm VERY excited about my new clothes. Not because I'm a clothes horse (Lord knows I'm not!), but because it helps me feel that much more pregnant that I'm already needing new clothes to fit Baby. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home