It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Butterflies in my Stomach

...Or, more accurately, in my uterus.

Last night, I felt the first flutterings of Baby's movements. I convinced myself I was crazy and only imagining it, despite feeling it for nearly a half hour while I lay in bed trying to fall asleep. It wasn't until I had been seated at my desk for about 10 minutes without moving and felt the same sensation repeated this morning that I could confirm for myself that yes, I can feel my baby.

I know better than to expect to feel it with any regularity for a while yet, and we've still probably got another month or so to go before the vague fluttery sensation becomes definite punches and kicks, and it could possibly be even later before Asher can feel (and see!) the movements.

For now, though, I can embrace this secret bond we're sharing, feeling each other's movements. It's almost like a silent conversation, taking place every moment of every day, but completely hidden from the outside world.

I am so madly in love with this little baby. Words simply cannot describe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home