It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ultrasound Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the "big, formal ultrasound," as my OB calls it. The one where we might possibly be able to see/determine gender (although Asher doesn't want to know, meaning I can't know because I would inevitably slip and refer to the baby by gender-specific pronoun, but we're going to have the doctor write it down to send to Mom). I can't wait to see the baby again, and Asher's going to see our child moving around for the first time!! :oD

The appointment yesterday was uneventful. HR = 160bpm, normal. I LOVE hearing that little heart beating!! It's very reassuring, particularly on days like yesterday, where baby's hanging out in the deepest, darkest recesses of my uterus and I can't feel any movements. Some days, I feel the baby 2 or 3 times a day, but sometimes I'll go two or three days straight without feeling anything, and I can't help but wonder if everything's still going as it should. I enjoy the comfort of hearing a steady heartbeat to ease my worries.

My diastolic blood pressure is hovering near borderline high, so we're going to have to keep an eye on that, but it's really not at all unexpected, given my family history. My uterus is measuring 19", which indicates 19 weeks, so we're dead-on for where I am in my pregnancy (19 weeks today!).

Hopefully, the genetic screening I did over the weekend will be processed and results will be at the OB's office by tomorrow's appointment. Hopefully! Then we can discuss what came up, the possibility of further screenings and possibly eventual invasive diagnostics tests s/a amniocentesis (which I'm hoping to avoid at all costs!), etc.

I'm planning on working 8-10 tomorrow, then heading down to Norman for my 11:05am appointment. Whether I return to work after the appointment will depend upon how long/late the appointment runs, if there were any "red flags" on the ultrasound or screening results, and if we have to do further lab work or discuss diagnostic options. Or I might just take off the rest of the afternoon because it'll be a nice excuse to take a nap. ;o)

I'm blaming work for my elevated blood pressure readings. Stress and whatnot, ya know. I think it's a sign I should just stay in bed and relax for the next 20 weeks. ;o) And take a yoga class!! :oD

I'm restless and excited about holding Asher's hand during this ultrasound tomorrow. I just can't wait!! :oD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home