It Takes... Three?!?

We thought It Takes Two... But now it seems there's a third on the way! Chronicles of our unexpected and thrilling foray into the world of pregnancy and parenthood.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Breaking the Silence

I know, it's only been 8 days since the last post... But I feel like I haven't written anything here in ages! Which makes me feel guilty, since this is sort of a tribute to my baby, and I'd hate to think that my child might grow up, read this, and think, "Sheesh, Mom was hardly even thinking about me!" Actually, that couldn't be further from the truth.

I am now 18 full weeks into my pregnancy (18w, 2d to be exact), and my next OB appointment is Monday (4 days!!), at which point we schedule the next ultrasound (!!) for a week or two after. I'm feeling the baby fairly often, but we haven't yet reached the point where I can expect to feel something on a daily basis. Most of the pregnancy-related sensations these days are the twinges and aches associated with an expanding uterus pulling on the surrounding ligaments. Occasionally, there's a fairly significant bout of dizziness, but nothing too spectacular. I just feel like I'm drifting along, waiting for signs of anything new or exciting...

I can't wait to hold Asher's hand and watch our baby squirm and kick and wriggle again. I can't wait to see his face when he sees our little one for the first time! And I'm VERY curious to see if I'll be able to identify gender based on my limited knowledge of ultrasound images... :oD

I've started going to Wal-Mart and Babies R Us on my lunch breaks to scout out baby stuff and get a general idea of pricing on cribs, car seats, strollers... All the good stuff. ;o) Of course, we won't be buying any of that stuff until we get into our new place in Nevada (we have enough to move already! :) ), but it might make more sense from a budget standpoint to start buying things one at a time pretty soon so we don't have a whole pile of things we need all at once when the baby arrives.

I cannot keep my hands off my stomach anymore! If they're not specifically occupied elsewhere, they're irresistably drawn to my belly, as if there were a giant magnet installed... I've read that the baby can hear and will respond to sounds now, and that the baby can also feel touches through the abdomen, so I've been talking and petting the baby a lot when I think no one's watching. It's incredible how deeply in love I have fallen with this little person I've never even met! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home